Proposals of subjects for SMB HTA reports can be submitted at any time. The matrix (in German) provided should be used for the formulation of issues.
Prioritisation takes place with the involvement of specialists according to the following criteria:
- Existence of controversy and suspected scope for improvement, ambiguity regarding evidence
- Any unexplainable variations in practice
- Budget relevance/cost consequences (a systematic perspective should be taken; indirect costs)
- Prevalence/frequency: it should also be possible however to take rare diseases into account
- Existing technologies, i.e. pre-existing technologies/procedures should also be selected (cHTA)
The executive committee decides the subjects on which an HTA report is to be prepared.